ISGS Volunteer Opportunities
As we approach 2013, ISGS’s open positions list has grown due to various life changes we all experience, including a death in our “family,” and the creation of new positions. ISGS fully supports its board members serving in capacities that interest them, which can necessitate moves to new committees, leaving vacancies.
Please consider helping ISGS achieve its mission to preserve and disseminate Illinois historical and genealogical materials, and to educate and aid those researching their ancestry. For information on any of the positions listed below, contact Susie Pope: email@example.com
- ISGS Quarterly Design and Technical Editor: The Design and Technical Editor works with the Quarterly Editor to produce a polished publication. A working knowledge of design and layout principles and the use of Adobe In- Design is desirable.
- Website Indexing Projects Coordinator: Website Indexing is a subcommittee of the Website Committee. A coordinator is needed to manage various indexing projects. Projects are based on member submissions, ISGS holdings or other resources. Volunteers will scan images, and upload images and/or data to be indexed.
- Youth Creative Contest Coordinator: The Education Committee would like to implement an annual youth creative contest in 2013. The contest will have three categories (writing, artwork, and photography) and three age group divisions. The Coordinator will fill in the details, and help to implement it.
- Writers: Part of the ISGS mission is to educate its members and the public. The Education Committee needs volunteers interested in sharing their knowledge by writing educational articles and guides. We have a lot of ideas on the table, but we need your help to make them a reality.
- Honors & Awards Committee Chair: The chair solicits nominations from individuals and societies for each of the ISGS annual awards. The nominations are discussed in committee and finalists are presented with awards in the fall.
- Church Records Committee Chair: The Church Records project identifies Illinois church repositories by denomination and assembles files containing church history and record access information.
- Long-Range Planning Committee Chair: This committee considers plans for the improvement of the Society. They solicit suggestions from the membership, make regular reports to the Board, and present projects for action.